A hemorrhoid condition is a very common medical problem that affects almost half of the world’s population. Due to cultural altitudes, affected individuals are usually embarrassed to discuss it even with medical professionals. However, you should know that you can easily find a cure for hemorrhoids, especially if the symptoms presented are mild. Nonetheless, it is also necessary to know that certain conditions can aggravate the condition and the best way to deal with it is to do some behavioral changes.
- One major effect of hemorrhoids is irritation and to prevent this, taking a hot shower bath is necessary. This is helpful in relieving mild symptoms of the condition. While sitting on a tub, make sure that you avoid adding pressure to the affected area. It is also necessary to opt for several baths in a day to obtain relief. Instead of having a regular bath, one recommended way to deal with painful hemorrhoids is to opt for sitz bath.
- As much as possible, make sure that you avoid irritating the condition further. After moving
- bowels and washing the affected area, use a clean and soft towel to wipe the area. If it is unnecessary to walk then avoid doing so and avoid sitting on firm surfaces like hard floors or bicycle seats. If you want to learn how to prevent hemorrhoids then follow some dietary changes and avoid the consumption of caffeine or any other substances that can constrict the veins or the blood vessels.
- If you want to resume your normal routines or obtain faster relief from the condition, one effective hemorrhoids home treatment is the application of cream or ointment that contains 1% hydrocortisone. When applying the ointment, make sure to do this in a gentle blotting motion and avoid wiping the area.
- Severe cases of hemorrhoids can result to severe discomfort as well. In this case, it is necessary to talk to your physician for recommendations on rigorous treatment options that you can opt for. Take note that aggravated hemorrhoids condition may result to thrombosed hemorrhoids, which can cause more pain and discomfort.
To avoid the negative effects of hemorrhoids, it is also necessary to practice prevention. As most hemorrhoids condition is due to constipation, it is imperative to cure constipation in order to relieve the problem. This can be done by increasing water consumption, following a diet that is high on fiber and the use of laxatives if and when necessary. An effective external or internal hemorrhoids treatment is to make sure that your stool is kept soft in order to prevent straining, thus preventing the condition from developing.