If you have hemorrhoids you must learn how to take care of your body considering your delicate condition. It helps to know some of the things that you can do in order to care for your condition so as not to aggravate it further. Self-care is very important for your condition.
Try to do the following tips so that you can feel better than before:
- Have some water therapy. A sitz bath can help you soothe the itchiness and pain that comes with the condition. You may also apply cold compresses on the rectal area so that you can feel relieved.
- If you want to try some over-the-counter medicines, you may have those which help you with the pain such as those medicines to numb the affected area. There are also many natural gel creams that you can apply on the area. Just make sure that they are approved by the government and that they are side-effect free. Suppositories are especially helpful for your condition too.
- You can change your diet into a high-fiber diet so that you can move your bowel easily. Constipation may make the situation worse so always make sure that you check on your food and its nutritional value. Go for high-fiber fruits and vegetables.
- Aside from bathing with warm water, you can also intake more water. Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. If you are in an extremely hot area, add more glasses.
- Have enough exercise. A daily exercise can help you a lot with your hemorrhoids problem. Avoid lifting heavy objects so that you will not aggravate the problem. Have mild exercises.