Tag Archives: witch hazel
A sitz bath is a portable tub that can be placed on top of a toilet bowl. Its purpose is to allow the user to immerse his bottom, particularly the area of the rectum and genitals, in circulating water. Sitz bath is often being used by those suffering from hemorrhoids in order to speed up the healing process, reduce swelling, relieve discomfort and itching, and remove stool, urine and blood from the anal area. If you are looking for a relief from hemorrhoids, you can use sitz bath hemorrhoids by following these steps:
- Step 1: Lift the lid of the toilet bowl and place sitz bath over the rim.
- Step 2: Fill the tube with at least 3 to 4 inches of lukewarm water. In order to prevent your bottom from burning, make sure that the water is less than 110 degrees F°.
- Step 3: Close the clamp that is connected to the tube that leads from the solution bag and into the sitz bath. Fill the solution bag with lukewarm water. Make sure to inspect the bath to make sure that the tube is inserted on its front side.
- Step 4: Hold the solution bag or hang it on your towel bar.
- Step 5: To use it as a hemorrhoids relief, sit on the tub and unclamp the tubing. This will allow the water to flow continuously to the basin, while the vent on the side of the sitz bath will prevent water from overflowing.
- Step 6: Refill the bag with lukewarm water if necessary. Sit on the sitz bath and make sure that your bottom is soaked for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 7: Dry your bottom using a soft, dry towel.
- Step 8: Remove the basin after use, empty the water and clean the tub. Take note that you can repeat this hemorrhoids treatment at least three times a day.
When using sitz bath hemorrhoids, remember that you can make use of the following herbs along with the solution for faster relief:
Geranium maculatum, also known as cranesbill, is a potent herb often used for various gastrointestinal problems, such as ulcers, infection and diarrhea. It is also helpful against stomach and urinary tract problems, as well as bleeding gums. Geranium is also helpful if you want to shrink hemorrhoids. The root of this herb can be added into the solution for a sitz bath.
This can also be used as a hemorrhoids home treatment. Witch hazel is also known as Hamamelis virginiana. An herb that is useful against varicose veins, bleeding and muscle aches. Witch hazel can help diminish inflammation, protect the skin from damages and promotes faster healing of hemorrhoids.
This is also known as Achillea millefolium and is effective against uterine cramping, flu, high blood pressure, prostatitis, bladder infection as well as bleeding hemorrhoids. Yarrow is also helpful against hemorrhoids, as it contains astringent and antimicrobial properties. Its natural anti-inflammatory property is also helpful in reducing pain due to the condition.